About Folsom Street East
FOLSOM STREET EAST is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization in New York City, producing fundraising events and serving the leather/fetish/kink community, the LGBT community and New York City at large.
Our biggest annual event is the Folsom Street East street festival, the largest outdoor fetish street festival on the eastern coast, which brings thousands of sexy kinksters out onto the streets of New York City on a summer afternoon to celebrate sexual diversity and expression.
The now-defunct Gay Male SM Activists (GMSMA) held the first Folsom Street East in 1997. Named after the famous Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco, the block party was an instant success, bringing our S/M-Leather-Fetish brothers and sisters together for a great celebration, while raising money to support worthy causes. Over the past years, the success of Folsom Street East street festival has allowed us to donate more than $250,000 (one $10 requested admission donation at a time) to many organizations, including last year’s beneficiaries:
FOLSOM STREET EAST CODE OF CONDUCT
1. All participants at Folsom Street East will be respectful of fellow participants, FSE staff and volunteers, performers, and others at all times.
2. All participants will abide by the laws of New York City, including the following:
- No public sexual activity
- No complete public nudity
- No exposure of genitals
- Alcohol is restricted to designated areas only, consumed by adults 21+
3. Adequate space must be cleared and prior consent must be given by all participants in any demo or “scene.”
4. Even with consent, no demo or “scene” involving blood or other fluids will be permitted. We repeat: NO EXTREME SCENES ON THE STREET.
5. Set your limits – and respect those of others – have fun, and enjoy the day!